A Quick Guide to HyperShare
What is HyperShare, and what does it do?
HyperShare for Outlook synchronizes data between your HyperOffice account and Outlook. It provides a useful way to share data without ever logging in to HyperOffice.
For a full walkthrough of HyperShare and it's functionality, please refer to the HyperShare Video and HyperShare Concept Guide:
- A HyperOffice account - you must have a valid HyperOffice account to share data.
- Outlook 2003 - HyperShare for Outlook does not currently support Outlook Express. Please make sure your copy of Outlook 2003 has Service Pack 2 installed as well as all available updates and patches. You can check this by going to the Microsoft Office update page or download Service Pack 2 directly.
- Outlook 2007 - HyperShare works well with Outlook 2007. All Microsoft Office updates are recommended, but not required.
- Windows XP - Windows XP users must have service pack 2 installed.
- Windows Vista - We recommend that Vista users have all available Microsoft Updates.
- Microsoft .Net and MDAC (recommended for XP users) - These two items will be installed automatically for you during the installation process. This step will be skipped if you already have these items installed. You can download them before hand here: .NET 2.0 and MDAC 2.8
Downloading and Installing HyperShare
When HyperShare opens, enter your HyperOffice Email address as the username and your HyperOffice password.
Select what areas you would like to sync between HyperOffice and Outlook
- HyperShare will then retrieve the group list from HyperOffice
If you checked to sync your calendar, you will be given 3 options. Important Note: Please use the recommended "Multiple Calendars" selection for your first sync. You can switch between these 3 options any time by running the configuration sync again.
- Single Calendar with group meetings - this is good for handheld devices. Your personal calendar will sync with Outlook, as well as all group meetings you have accepted.
- Calendar with group meetings and all group events - this is also good for handheld devices. Your personal calendar will sync with Outlook, as well as all group meetings and events.
- Multiple Calendars - HyperShare will create folders in Outlook for each group. Events will then be separated in their respective group folders.
Now select how often you would like HyperShare to automatically sync in the background.
HyperShare will then have you select the specific groups you would like to sync to. The top-most checkbox is the personal section for that item.
Click OK. HyperShare will then run through the first sync between HyperOffice and Outlook. After this sync, it will stay in the background, updating as often as you configure it to.
You can run a configure sync, or a general sync at any time by right clicking on the HyperShare icon in the system tray.
For Frequently Asked Questions about HyperShare, please refer to our HyperShare section in Online Help.